- Good maintenance of your lawn mower – keep blades sharp
- Do not mow when grass is wet.
- Let a new lawn reach 5 – 6 cm before mowing the first time
- Remove only about 1/3 of the height each time you mow
- Leave lawns a little longer in mid-summer
- Mow in different directions each time to maintain evenness and reduce compaction
What height should I cut my lawn?
Nullarbor Couch 15-30mm
Sir Walter soft leaf Buffalo 30-50mm
Platinum Zoysia 10-20mm
Japanese lawn grass (Zoysia Japonica) 15-30mm
Manila grass (Zoysia Matrella) 10-20mm
Nullarbor Couch Oz Tuff 18-25mm