Install your new lawn immediately. Turf is a living product and will be gradually degrading. We advise all turf should be laid within 12 hours of delivery.
- Soil level should be at a 25mm to allow for the thickness of the Nullarbor Couch slab.
- Ensure the soil is not hot before laying turf.
- Apply a light fertilizer to your topsoil before laying. We recommend using Sir Launcher. Sir Launcher is a blend of slow release fertilizer and water crystals that hold water near the roots during establishment and afterwards for a long lasting, healthy lawn.
- Begin laying the turf slabs along the longest straight line, such as a driveway or sidewalk.
- Butt and push ends against each other tightly, without stretching. Lay the strips in each row in a brick like fashion. Using a sharp knife to trim corners, to avoid overlay.
- After installing your new turf, roll the entire area to improve turf and promote soil contact.
- Turf should be kept moist. Water within first 15 mins of laying. A soaker hose is the preferred method of watering as they keep the turf moist with the minimum amount of water and the least amount of flooding the sub soil.
- Follow instructions and watering guide on the care sheet.